Liandri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liandri

The forum offers unofficial support for UnrealEd users and serves as a comfortable rest-room for a friendly community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murphy

Murphy

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Empty
PostSubject: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi,
I recently started modeling some objects for my upcoming medieval map. We certainly have no shortage of castle maps but one more can't hurt, I think. Very Happy
As of now I only have a collection of models ready and I haven't started working on the layout yet.

Almost all of the models aren't modeled specifically for use in my level (how could they when I haven't started it yet), but are multi-purpose medieval models. E.g. gateways, window-arches, decorative posts for railings, a lionhead with a ring in its mouth, ... stuff like that.
As usual the models will be made available to the community (i.e you can download the map when it's released and you are free to use the models in your own maps then). With the medieval theme being as popular as it is, I think the pack might help some new mappers out quite a bit, who don't want to bother making their own StaticMeshes and would rather pick from an assortment of ready-made models for their maps. The Tripwire packages are a little low on medieval looking content so I hope a little expansion of the model pool in this direction will be welcome.

I'll post some screenshots later.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Here come the screenshots.

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Arc3

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Arc4

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Arc5

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Arc6

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Arc7

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Door1

Keep in mind that these aren't necessarily final yet. They pretty much are as far as the models go, but it's very likely that I'll have to give the textures certain tints later on to make them fit my map's color scheme better! The textures are (I think all of them are) from cgtextures.com. I can't recommend the site enough.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:35 pm

And some more:

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Fountaincenter

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Gatewaytop

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Lion

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Post

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shutter

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Windows

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Windowthing

As you can see, they are all pretty re-usable, meaning they don't just fit into a specific place in a specific level but if you have a medieval map and it's looking a little blank in places you can pretty much just take these and slap them in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm stuck at mini cliffs or dirt-overhangs now. I can't get them to look right. When I have them looking somewhat decent I'll post some screenshots of the map as it is now (still very WIP, but it's beginning to take shape).
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Here are some WIP shots. It looks much better in motion due to the moving clouds, the moving cloud shadow (does a lot, imo) and the weather effects, which has raindrops and little flying grass pieces. I'm currently dabbling with rainy looking steam cloud thingies in addition to the raindrops to add some more visual chaos but so far I couldn't get them to look right.

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00016-1

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00015

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00014-1

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00011-1

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00010-1
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:08 pm

I went over the weather effects again and updated them significantly. They now use less resources but are much thicker!
[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Shot00011yw
(save it to see it in full size! Same for the screenshots above, but they aren't as big)
And you can't even see the water washing down the side of buildings because you can't tell it apart from the rain in still images, but when you play the map I think it looks impressive.

The map is now also haunted. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map   [WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] [KF] Untitled Medieval Map
Page 1 of 1