Liandri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liandri

The forum offers unofficial support for UnrealEd users and serves as a comfortable rest-room for a friendly community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet in here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PhoenixWing

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:20 am

Anyway we could get some more people here? It such a quiet little forum and i seldom see new posts. Seems like a nice place here and i don't want it to die
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:14 am

Well, tbh, it has always been dead. I check it daily so if anybody has a question they will get a hopefully helpful answer fast (you can check older posts and their dates), but it's not much of a place to just drop in and work through a pile of the new posts. At its current state it's more of a "ask the Murphy" place than a real "ask and someone will answer" place like a forum should be. If more people were interested in a "ask the Murphy" place it would grow to become a "ask and someone will answer" place, but I neither have the fame, the authority, or even the expertise to draw more people in.

I tried to raise a bit of awareness in the big forums whenever I had a new bunch of tutorials ready and with the recent contest but I don't want to spam and toot my own horn at every occasion. If I can help someone in another level editing forum I just help them there without even mentioning my forum (unless I maybe link to a tutorial here). This might be the wrong approach from a business point of view, but I feel it's the polite thing to do.

I hoped the Sharing and Caring section would be interesting to people, because there is no other website that offers custom content to use in Unreal maps/mods. This was supposed to be the meat of the forum. The plan was to build a community that isn't only about mapping and helping each-other out with technical questions, but a community that would share and comment on custom content, post pictures of scenes where they used someone's content, or even requests content if they need something specific. Unfortunately I am the only one who ever posted content in there. Smile

The content was meant to go with this scheme. Someone (me) provides content and others can put it to creative use in their maps. As you are still the only contestant the contest might never see the light of day.

In short, if you are a visitor and you are reading this:
Yes, the place seems dead and empty, but don't be shy! Post if you have a question, a request or something to show off. You will get an answer!
Back to top Go down
Shadowwill

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 am

hey murph, why not make a link in your red orchestra forum signature area if you havent already, that might attract some people Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:05 am

I can't access them at the moment, but when I can I will do that. Good idea.
Back to top Go down
stocko2k

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 am

I've done a little bit of advertising with my classmates for you theres only 15 of us but i've put a post about the competition on our forum with a hope that a few will join in and make the comp a lil more interesting (for myself just so i can try and beat them lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiet in here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet in here   Quiet in here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet in here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liandri :: = News and Announcements :: Forum Operation-
Jump to: