Liandri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Liandri

The forum offers unofficial support for UnrealEd users and serves as a comfortable rest-room for a friendly community.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

importing .3ds models?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowwill

importing .3ds models? Empty
PostSubject: importing .3ds models?   importing .3ds models? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:07 am

ive created my own models for the source engine and compiled them for the engine, ive heard the process for the unreal engine is a lot quicker and more simple. After i have UVmapped the model and saved it as a .3ds, what steps must i take to get it into the unreal engine ? cheers
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Murphy

PostSubject: Re: importing .3ds models?   importing .3ds models? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:29 am

This should help you.
Back to top Go down
Shadowwill

PostSubject: Re: importing .3ds models?   importing .3ds models? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:20 pm

sweet, well importing the model is very easy. I thought id test an existing model of mine i used in a map for source. Managed to get a texture on it in the editor but it seems it took no notice of my UVmap and was just all over the place, so i guess ill read that tutorial all the way through to make sure i get it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: importing .3ds models?   importing .3ds models? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

importing .3ds models?
Page 1 of 1